What is the V5 Auditor?Developed by Actual Metrics, the V5 Auditor is a complete "hands off" monitoring software tool for Urchin 5. The tool allows you to be notified of any daily processing issues in Urchin by email or through your monitoring software. Some of the features include:
- Threshold checking which will alert you if any profile's daily/hourly sessions or pageviews drop below a specific number that you specify.
- It's easily scheduled to run daily on both Windows and Unix via cron or task scheduler.
- Automatically integrates with common monitoring software like Nagios.
- Allows you to choose which profiles are monitored so you don't get unwanted alerts for test profiles.
- Can be run from the command line or scheduled with batch.
- Scan functionality that can check every page of a profile's web site for the UTM tracking code.
Why would I need it?System Administrators - The V5 Auditor is perfect for system administrators who want to be pro-actively alerted when there are any processing errors in the Urchin system instead of manually logging in every day. This allows them to fix issues before anyone sees incorrect or missing reports. The V5 Auditor will save time by only sending an email when there are actual warnings or errors, so you won’t receive unnecessary emails.
Marketers - The V5 Auditor is also ideal for any marketing/business folks who want to set pageview or session thresholds for certain profiles and be alerted if these values fall below a certain set minimum value. This allows them to stay on top of web site performance and marketing initiatives.